Tuesday, November 16, 2010

A Vintage Christmas

Every year I look forward to the time when we put the Christmas tree and decorations up! This year we did it on November 13th! Early, yes but so worth it. Our whole family gets so much joy out of the decorations that I wish I could keep them up all year round.

I have been collecting ornaments for years now, and recently inherited a couple of boxes of vintage tree ornaments from my mom and my mother in-law. I love the shiney new ornaments as well, but there is something special about the old decorations you have enjoyed since your childhood.

Here are a few pictures of just some of the decorations we have put up this year! The last two photos are extra special vinatage ornaments from my mother in-law. A long time family friend made these ornaments by hand out of egg shells. They are tiny, delicate, and have amazing detail. We have 6 of these special ornaments, and each one is different.





1 comment:

  1. Love!
    Everything is adorable! I'm pretty sure my Nana has that same snowman!

    ReplyDelete