Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Shaping up for summer!!

Ok ladies, we do it every year right!! Decide we will loose a few pounds before swimsuit season begins... I do it myself every year and swear I will just eat salad until I look like a supermodel! However, it never lasts as I just "LOVE" food too much, oh and a great glass of red wine! So in order to try and eat salad as much as I can, I go on the hunt for some great salad dressings. My mom, is an amazing chef, and she told me of this homemade dressing that is to die for!! Its super simple and tastes great. I think it especially tastes great with fruit in the salad! Here is the recipe:

DRESSING
1 tbsp of maple syrup
2 tbsp of balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 clove of garlic crushed (just crush enough to get the juices flowing)
pepper to taste
1/2 cup olive oil

SALAD
Spring greens or salad mix of your choice
1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
3/4 cup of caramelized pecans
1 cup of fresh strawberries or orange slices

Enjoy!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment